Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Great Teachers are Made by the Teachers Down the Hall

I'm sure we can all relate to the fact that great teachers are made by the teachers down the hall! We've all been the "beginner" at one time or another.

Well recently, one of the teachers "down the hall" shared an idea bout making inferences using commercials. My class was rolling on the floor laughing about watching commercials. We all fun, while focusing on making inferences. We all liked the recent graduate jumping up and down about getting car, when in reality he was just getting a dorm sized refrigerator.

I'm going to look on Pinterest and my Google docs to see, if I can find the original owner of this idea. When I find it, I will post it in the comments. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. The idea above belongs to Mrs. Smith at...
    http://classroommagic.blogspot.com/2012/04/inferring-with-commercials.html
    She is offering a free copy of her worksheet as well as links to all 4 of the commercial videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another website for inferencing commercials
    http://watchknowlearn.org/Category.aspx?CategoryID=12996

    ReplyDelete