Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Random Anecdotes

I want to protect the innocent so some of these are from years and years ago and others are much more recent. A couple are from colleagues of mine and there are even some from relatives and neighbors. Please add some more to this list, because I can't wait to read about your funny moments in the comment section.

1. I'm going to the reader's response station to make a "diarrhea". Of course, they meant a diorama.

2. "Teacher, you sure are pretty." I replied "Why thank you, that's very sweet of you to say." He then asks "Have you ever been to Tennessee?" I told him "Actually, No I haven't" and with out skipping a beat he looks up at me and says "Well you're the only TEN-I-SEE!"

3. My favorite quote of all time from a 6 year old...."When I was little..."

4. We were studying coins and bills. One student referred to the bills as the "expensive money".

5. We were discussing healthy foods. One student said, "white broccoli is better than green broccoli."

6. We were talking about schools now and schools in the past. The topic of records, CDs and cassettes came up. One of the students said, "that is probably a really big computer to play that CD." (he was pointing at the record)

7. Someone didn't know what "wedding" meant. First we had to get past that it was wedding not wetting. So when our brains finally departed from the water park, we talked about the bride and the groom and how they want to live happily ever after. Of course, the student says, "why would the girl want to marry a broom anyway?"

8. I love it when they slip and call me Mom, but MUST they call me nanna and grandma?

9. I asked one student to take a break in the "Cool Down Spot". He responded with, "I don't have a temperature".

Please add your own anecdotes below, because I can't wait to read them. Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. One of my 3rd grades was chunky out the words glasses... you can see where this is going so he said "gl-ass-es, glasses!" He got this horrified look on his face and said "Oh no! I just said ass!" While trying not to be horrified myself he goes on to say "Oh no! I said it again!" I was being observed that day. Needless to say, the principal walked out of the room laughing so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's more than one "chunk" that we have be careful about. I recently made some rhyming word family sliders, but for the -uck chunk I had to eliminate at least one beginning consonant (you can probably guess which one).

    ReplyDelete